Got great products to offer? Whether you are selling jewelry, sport equipment, or digital products, be sure to add Rich Pins to your website. Why bother?
Product Rich Pins let you show the most up-to-date price, availability, and product description on Pinterest Pins from your website.
Rich Pins work display metadata from marked up pages on your website. Once you've applied for Rich Pins, any content on your site with metadata will turn into a Rich Pin when a user saves it.
Overall, Rich Pins provide more context about an idea because they show extra information directly on a Pin.
There are 4 types of Rich Pins: app, product, recipe + article.
1. App Pins show an install button so people can download your app without leaving Pinterest. At the time of this article, App Pins are only compatible with iOS.
2. Product Pins make shopping easier. They include real-time pricing, availability and where to buy your product.
3. Recipe Pins get cooks excited with all the right info: ingredients, cooking times and serving sizes.
4. Article Pins help Pinners save stories that matter to them. Each Article Pin shows a headline, author and story description.
It doesn't take a lot of effort to add Rich Pins. Just a few minutes can go a long way to improve your Pinterest marketing and ultimately increase sales.
Not sure where to start? No worries, I simplified it into three steps:
1. Add metadata to your website content.
To do so, add Open Graph or Schema.org markups between the <head> </head> section of your HTML code for each page you want to enable product Rich Pins on.
2. Use the Rich Pins Validator.
The Rich Pin Validator allows Pinterest to see the Rich Pin data. Simply copy any page on your site that you’ve added metadata to. Paste your URL in the Pinterest Rich Pins Validator link.
3. Click Apply now.
Make sure to pick the right markup type when applying!
Simple as that! You only need to validate 1 URL to apply for Rich Pins on your entire domain. No need to submit all of your URLs.
The most powerful benefit of Pinterest is that it has a high potential for traffic generation. By adding Rich Pins, you can more effectively drive traffic to your website.
Incorporate more simple Pinterest marketing strategies into your business strategy.
Drive more quality website traffic by leveraging Pinterest as a search engine tool. Not sure where to begin? Start with a FREE Pinterest Audit!